Steel Cut Oats - 70 Ounce Can

Friday, March 14, 2008



From Honeyville Farms

Honeyville's Steel-Cut Oats have been carefully selected from premium milling quality oats. These oats are then stabilized through a special heat process that ensures freshness and flavor, then passed through a steel cutting process to crack the oat. Steel-Cut Oats are a rich source of soluble fiber, protein, and vitamins, as well as other nutrients. Just three grams of soluble fiber from oatmeal daily in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. A thirty day regimen of 1 bowl a day of oatmeal will actually aid the body in removal of cholesterol.

I honestly cringe from my childhood remembering eating oatmeal. It just was something that was slimey, gooey and just a flavor which did not appeal to me no matter how much I was told I liked it. While I love oatmeal cookies, I just have never like oatmeal.

In cooking it, it says to cook covered, but mine would boil over even on low heat. So I had to leave the cover partially off and it did fine then. It did have me frowning though as it cooks with a brownish foam on top like all grains that smelled to me just like oatmeal and I was thinking this was not going to be pleasant. I did though cook it for 20 minutes fully, and let it stand for 2 more uncovered and dished it up.

0 comments: