Amedei Limited Edition Chuao Napolitains

Wednesday, February 20, 2008



From Amedei

Originating from the legendary Chuao village plantation in Venezuela, Amedei Chuao extends the imagination's reach of how extraordinary a chocolate can be. Historically, Chuao was used by chocolatiers only as a blending ingredient to improve the taste of other chocolates. Unique ecological conditions in the Chuao region, a centuries-old natural selection process and great care in handling of cocoa plants have brought about this rare and exquisite cocoa. Building upon this with painstaking craft-based production in Tuscany at Amedei, with a formulation derived from intensive experimentation, Amedei has brought forth the very best aspects of this legendary bean, resulting in a gold medal-winning taste unlike and beyond any other. A box of twelve Chuao napolitains, produced in a limited edition by Amedei, with each box hand-numbered.

Having always a refined palate and sense of smell, good food has long been a joy in my life. Not to say it is purely a blessing: as a child I hated zoos because the smell would penetrate my core and incapacitate me to some degree. But on to the chocolate. I would by no means call myself a choco-holic, at least I wouldn't have before I tried these amazing creations from Amedei. Chocolate usually leaves an unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth that lingers long beyond the joy I receive from its initial flavor.

0 comments: